Saturday, October 16, 2010 | | By: SUPER SPORTS NEWZ

Salman Butt hopes to make swift return


 Karachi: Pakistan test captain Salman Butt has kept up his training regime in the hope of playing in next month’s series against South Africa despite being suspended and under investigation for alleged spot-fixing.

“My cricket career was going well and I was also doing well, these allegations have damaged by career,” Butt told reporters on Friday as he mulled over his chances of playing in the Middle East against the South Africans.

“But it has also been a big learning experience for me. It has taught me a lot about how to deal with the people around you.

“I keep on following my daily routine of two hours training and practice because I want to be prepared for a comeback.

“I am working hard and doing my bit. The conditions in Lahore and the UAE are the same so I am preparing hard on playing spin.”


Butt has kept a low profile since returning from the troubled tour of England last month and is waiting for his appeal hearing against the suspension in Doha on Oct. 30 and 31.

Pace bowlers Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif were also suspended by the International Cricket Council for allegedly agreeing to bowl pre-determined no balls in the fourth test against England in August.

British police are also investigating the spot-fixing allegations against the players who all deny any wrongdoing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment